The Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program (E-HEAP) assists elderly and low-income families with winter heating bills.
This program can help provide financial assistance up to $175.00 to a client that has had their utilities shut off or received a disconnect notice from the gas or electric company and $750 for those using bulk fuels. It can also assist those seeking new services.
- Clients must be income eligible and enroll on the PIPP Plus or alternative payment plan depending on amount owed
- Eligibility requirements: 175% of Federal Poverty Guidelines for HEAP, WCP & SCP and 150% for PIPP Plus
- For all programs Proof of Income is required and the applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- Customers must provide documentation how maintaining food and shelter if declaring zero income
- Bulk fuel users are also eligible if the remaining fuel will last less than 10 days
- Customers seeking new services can use WCP
- Heating assistance is typically available November 1st through March 31st
- WCP Appointments start in October
- Summer Crisis appointments typically start in June
- Summer Crisis Program is typically available July 1st through August 31st
For more information visit our Resource Center to view our Emergency Services Resources and Reports or Contact Penny Krouse
To schedule an appointment call the appointment line at 855-286-7559. The call is toll-free and the appointment line is open 24-hours/7-days per week.