S.T.E.P UP! Youth Program is a great way to help youth meet goals, gain employment and learn various necessary life skills.
S.T.E.P UP! provides employment and training services to eligible, young adults age 16-24 in Auglaize, Hardin and Van Wert Counties.
Youth are provided services to support goals outlined in a CUSTOMIZED plan, based on a comprehensive assessment of employment and training needs. The program also provides necessary guidance to obtain a high school diploma or equivalent, job placement, and other supportive services such as transportation, guidance and counseling, and financial literacy and independent living skills training.
In S.T.E.P UP! you can:
- Explore YOUR Interests
- Discover what you like to do
- Match your skills and interests to career pathways
- Explore in-demand industries like Healthcare, Manufacturing and Production, Logistics,
- Information Technology, and MORE
- Research your training and on-the-job experience options
- Connect with in-field professionals and get your questions answered
- Get Experience
- Earn money while receiving hands-on experience
- Develop job skills
- Build a work history and connect with future employers
- Learn valuable information to help you make career choices
- Gain access to Leadership Development opportunities
- Train for a Career
- Obtain your high school diploma or GED
- Learn about vocational training and college options
- Receive financial assistance for career training
- Learn occupational skills through on-the-job training and apprenticeships
- Connect with mentor and other supportive resources to help you achieve your goals
For more information, contact us at your local county office:
13093 Infirmary Rd.
Wapakoneta, OH 45895
175 W. Franklin St.
Kenton, OH 43326
Van Wert County
114 E. Main St.
Van Wert, OH 45891
West Ohio CAP is proud partner of the Ohio Means Jobs Centers of Auglaize, Hardin, and Van Wert Counties.